It’s always nice to find ways of making our favourite recipes a little healthier and this is especially true of pasta. This month, I’ve experimented with courgette or zucchini noodles, sometimes called ‘zoodles’ and also with a new type of 100% organic Clearspring gluten free brown rice noodles – recipe below. Usually, these type of noodles are used in Asian cooking, perhaps to make a noodle salad or a Pad Thai, though the packet did say you could use them as a gluten free alternative to pasta – which is what I did. In the ‘Pasta Please’ link up that I was hosting for Jacqueline of Tinned Tomatoes, we also had some fresh pasta with kale, mint and pesto, eggplant (aubergine) meatballs, fresh spinach pasta and some baked salmon with spinach and basil pesto pasta. So, all very virtuous!
Pasta Please Healthy Pasta Dishes Round Up
Here were the entries into the January round up…
- Baked Salmon with Spinach and Basil Pesto Pasta – by Corin at ProWare Kitchen
- Pasta With Kale, Mint and Hazelnut Pesto – by Jen at Chardonnay and Samphire
- Fresh Spinach Whole Wheat Pasta – by Marie at Goodie Godmother
- Eggplant Meatballs – by The Lawyer’s Cookbook
- Gluten Free Brown Noodles with Spinach and Tomato – by Ren Behan recipe below – also vegan.
Thank you for all the healthy pasta entries, I hope you find something to inspire you.
Gluten Free Brown Rice Noodles with Spinach and Tomato
- 200g brown rice gluten free noodles (I used Clearspring)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, grated
- 5-6 fresh tomatoes
- 100g fresh, baby spinach
- Generic bicalutamide from winnipeg
- Cheap persantine canada
- Buy clonidine online from south dakota
- Where to buy sildenafil citrate 50mg online in salem
- Where to buy repaglinide 1mg in salt lake city
- Glucotrol online canadian pharmacy
- Norvasc price in pakistan
- Buy cheap tasigna online
- Where to buy allopurinol in columbia online
- Cheap metformin canada
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the brown rice noodles, cook according to the packet instructions until just tender/al dente.
- In a separate pan, add the avocado oil and the garlic, cook on a low heat for two minutes.
- Add the chopped, fresh tomatoes and cook for six minutes, until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the fresh spinach and stir until wilted.
- Drain the noodles, add them to the pan, toss everything together and serve straight away.
More healthy pasta dishes
I also found a few more healthy pasta dishes to inspire you…
- Camilla’s Chili Prawn Pasta Salad – Fab Food 4 All
- Jeanne’s Patty Pan Squash Pasta – Cook Sister
- Jan’s Linguine with Prawns, Chorizo, Sun-dried tomatoes and Chilli – A Glug of Oil
- Dannii’s Quick Spicy Tomato Spaghetti – Hungry Healthy Happy
- Laura’s Roasted Vegetable and Feta Lasagna – How to Cook Good Food
Have you got any favoruite ‘healthy’ pasta dishes or clever swaps? Let me know in the comment box below.
With thanks to Clearspring for sending me a selection of goodies to try out including the Brown Rice Noodles. I chose to feature the noodles because I enjoyed them and found them to be a versatile store cupboard ingredient.