It’s Pancake Day! Whilst today may be the perfect day to indulge, for the folks over at Abra-ca-Debora, everyday is Pancake Day! I was so pleased to see that my giveaway for an Abra-ca-Debora Pancake Day Hamper, filled to brim with goodies was so popular – thank you to everyone who entered to win. The winner has been announced on the giveaway post. I also received a hamper for review and couldn’t wait to try some of the pancakes and sweet treats buried within. For the grown-ups, I made some Maple Syrup Roasted Rhubarb and Ginger Curd Pancakes. I used the Abra-ca-Deborah Sweet Dutch Pancakes, along with some in-season British rhubarb and some of the luxury ginger curd within the hamper, made by The English Provender Co. If you can’t get your hands on any of the curd, some sweet lemon curd would work well, too, or simply a good splash of Maple syrup or honey.
The Diddy Dutch Pancakes were another story altogether! They were a huge hit with my kids, who gave them a big thumbs up! They are firmly on our menu for tonight. The Diddy pancakes are perfect size for little fingers to pick up and dip into some tasty pots; we tried melted chocolate, lemon curd, fruity coulis and some warmed maple syrup.
So. along with our Blueberry and Vanilla Cheesecake Pancakes, we’re in for quite a treat tonight. For a savoury treat, I’d recommend my Creamy Spinach and Chicken Pancakes, as featured on the Abra-ca-Debora website. Some of the most popular answers in the giveaway as to your favourite toppings included –
- Classic lemon and sugar or golden syrup
- Baked cinnamon apples
- Banana and chocolate spread or Nutella
- Fruit, such as strawberries and blueberries with cream
- And one of the most intruiging suggestions by Adam; cream cheese and chestnut puree with sour cream
I wonder whether any of these toppings or one of my recipes will take your fancy?!
My Roasted Rhubarb and Ginger Curd Pancakes are my entry into this month’s Simple and in Season, now open for March. Please do link up your seasonal recipes, too.
Here’s the rhubarb and ginger curd recipe –
- 6 x Abra-ca-Debora or other pancakes or crepes
- 400g rhubarb, sliced into small pieces
- 50ml maple syrup (plus extra for drizzling)
- 2-3 tsp ginger or lemon curd
- A little extra thick double cream, optional, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C/gas 5. Place the washed and chopped rhubarb pieces into a baking tray and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake in the oven for fifteen minutes, until just soft.
- Warm the pancakes and spread a little ginger or lemon curd onto each pancake. Top with the warm roasted rhubarb, an extra drizzle of maple syrup and some thick double cream. Eat straight away.
With many thanks to Abra-ca-Debora for sending me a hamper to review and also for providing a second hamper as a giveaway prize. I was not expected to write a positive post, nor was I paid to do so.
Happy Pancake Day!