The asparagus season runs from April to June here in the UK. You can also use courgettes in place of asparagus.
Recipe: Warm New Potato, Asparagus and Halloumi Salad
A simple, seasonal sheet pan supper with new potatoes, asparagus and halloumi cheese.
- 500g/2 1/2 cups Jersey Royal new potatoes
- 500g (2 bunches) fresh asparagus
- 1 lemon
- 250g/2 cups halloumi cheese, cubed
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 60g/one cup rocket leaves, rinsed, drained
- 10g/2 tbsp fresh herbs, e.g. dill, mint
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F
- Chop the new potatoes in half. Spread the potatoes out evenly on a large baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grate over the zest of one lemon. Roast for 15 minutes in the oven.
- In the meantime, snap the woody ends away from the asparagus spears, then chop into 1 inch pieces. Chop the onion into 8 pieces.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Add the asparagus, cubed halloumi and onion to the tray. Mix together with the potatoes. Bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven. Arrange the rocket leaves onto a large platter. Scatter the roasted potatoes, asparagus and halloumi. Scatter over some fresh herbs and serve immediately.
You can also scatter over some shredded rotisserie chicken for a non-vegetarian version
Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 61.6 g
Saturated Fat 30.9 g
Sodium 475 mg
Total Carbohydrates 57.5 g
Protein 39.9 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
You May Also Like:
Asparagus, Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Pasta
Asparagus, Beetroot and Halloumi Salad
Linked recipes video: Dinner Renovations created by Michelle Becker at Pink Soul Pictures.
Disclosure: Recipes and video commissioned by Safestore. #ad
wii u pastebin says
I used to be suggested this website by my cousin. I am
not certain whether this put up is written through him as no one
else know such specified about my problem.
You’re wonderful! Thanks!
Lovely recipe, Ren. M x