Baked Victoria Plums & My First ‘New Home’ Post!

Well, this is both exciting and scary at the same time! Ta da  – Fabulicious Food! has made the very long cyber journey across from Blogger to WordPress!

I am totally overwhelmed by the help, expertise and professionalism of Liz of Violet Posy Design who has done an amazing job, with about a million technical issues thrown at her too.

It’s going to take me a little while to settle in and get used to the way things work, but hopefully not too long.

If you are experiencing any problems or issues, please do drop me a line.

If you previously subscribed to posts via the RSS feed I’m afraid it has changed and you’ll have to re-subscribe using the icon to the right.

On Monday I will also be hosting a really amazing giveaway so do stay tuned.

For now, I’m sharing this lovely autumnal plum recipe as there are tons of English plums around at the moment and they are my very favourite fruit.

Simple and in Season September is now open and working – anyone who left me a comment with a link should now find themselves on the current link-up page.

About to hit ‘publish’ so here goes!

Baked Plums with Honey, Amaretto and Almonds

Serves 2
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 20 minutes
Total time 25 minutes
Meal type Dessert
Source Pre-preparable, Serve Cold, Serve Hot
Region British
Baked Victoria or English Plums with Amaretto, Honey and Flaked Almonds

Ingredients

• 8 Ripe English Plums (Stoned and halved)
  • 3 tablespoons Runny Honey
  • 3 tablespoons Amaretto
  • handful Flaked Almonds
  • Mascarpone (to serve)

Note

I used 10+ Pre-Biotic Beech Forest Honeydew honey by the New Zealand Honey Co kindly given to me at Food Blogger Connect.

Directions

Step 1
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
Step 2
Arrange the plums in a smally baking tray or dish, cut side up.
Step 3
Spoon over the runny honey and Amaretto.
Step 4
Sprinkle over the chopped almonds and place in the oven for twenty minutes. Half way through, spoon some of the syrup over the plums and place back in the oven.
Step 5
Once cooked, serve with mascarpone, drizzled with some of the beautiful pink juice from the baked plums.

Thank you for visiting and for all your lovely comments so far.

Comments

Thank you so much Sally. It does make things easier, still need to get used to it and have a bit more of a play. Thank you for visiting and for all your encouragement.

Ren
    Your website looks stunning! Well done as I am sure it has taken an enormous amount of work. I have a recipe in mind for your Simple and in season competition which I will try to complete some time this weekend.
    So glad to see how well things are going for you so keep up the good work!

Thanks Laura. Yes, Liz worked tremendously hard. I really look forward to your Simple and in Season recipe, we have a bit longer this month – till 15th October as I thought the move would be a little disruptive. x

Love the look of your new home! Bravo, I know how hard moving can be! Interesting to see the getmecooking plugin in action.
    And I love plums! So may have to try this, like the added almond, amaretto dimension.

Thank you so much Angela, yes the plug-in is fantastic. I think Jungle Frog is triallling it/using it too. Plums are my favourite!

Very nice Ren. I am in the throes of moving. Didn’t really know what I was doing, installed a plug-in and stuffed everything up before the hols. Hopefully Jason @ Fl1 Group will work his magic and I will be back on-air before the Oct Half Term – Christmas madhouse period for kids’ books? :o) L x

Hi Lisa, I know what you mean. I’m terrified of installing or adding/changing anything in case I stuff it up too. Look forward to seeing you back on the blog. Thanks for the visit and vote of confidence!

4. Ren says

Morning Karen, thank you so much for stopping by. I do love it, I do prefer WordPress and am slowly getting used to it. Hopefully everyone will still be able to find things easily. I can’t get enough English Plums into our house, we used to have a plum tree when I was a kid so I think they remind me of home. x