Two-Minute Power Blender Hollandaise
Here are the steps to make a Hollandaise sauce in a power blender. I used the Froothie Optimum 9400.
- 125g/1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 fresh eggs yolks
- 4 tsps or the juice of half a lemon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp water
- A bunch of asparagus to serve
- Melt the butter in a saucepan until just melted.
- Put the egg yolks, lemon juice and a pinch of salt into your power blender.
- Blend the egg yolk mixture for one minute - starting on slow and building up.
- Reduce back to slow speed, slowly pour in the melted butter (through the lid plug) and blend again for a further minute. Add a tablespoon of warm water, blend again for a second or two.
- Pour into a smaller jug or pan and serve.
- If you don't use the sauce straight away, you can keep in warm on a very low heat and gently whisk before serving.
- Serve with asparagus, blanched in hot water for three minutes.
You can add a pinch of white pepper or cayenne pepper to the sauce. You can also use the sauce to top Eggs Benedict, too.
Recipe by Ren Behan - Author Wild Honey and Rye at https://www.renbehan.com/2015/03/two-minute-power-blender-hollandaise.html