A beautifully bright Saturday morning! If you are on a health kick, or as in my case, feel like you need to be, then this salad is the perfect prescription – my late Summer Fruit Salad with Pomegranate and Pistachio.
Late summer fruits are always the most delicious. They’ve had lots of time to soak up the sunshine. My nectarines and purple plums here were honey-sweet. So fresh, so pure, I ate two of them whole while I was chopping the rest. The raspberries, at this time of year, absent of any sharpness. Tiny pomegranate pearls capturing crimson essence. A little bit more crunch from finely chopped pistachio. A drizzle of plain yoghurt was a last minute thing, just because it was breakfast. Pretty violas, organic and edible, because I was just in that kind of mood.
Late Summer Fruit Salad with Pomegranate and Pistachio
- 2 ripe plums
- 2 ripe nectrines or peaches
- A handful of seasonal raspberries
- A handful of pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup or 25g shelled pistachio nuts finely chopped
- 1/2 cup or 125ml plain natural yoghurt
- A drizzle runny honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Slice the plums and the nectarines, removing the stones and scatter on a large plate.
- Sprinkle over a handful of raspberries, the pomegranate seeds and the finely chopped pistachio nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the natural yoghurt, runny honey and a tablespoon of milk to loosen. Drizzle over the fruit and decorate with edible violas. Serve immediately.
Fuss Free Helen’s Breakfast Club is being hosted by Urvashi over the The Botanical Baker this month with a theme of fruit…do join in if fruit is your thing in the morning. And if it’s not, perhaps this salad will convince you to try.
I’m looking forward to seeing all the seasonal offerings around this month as well as all the fruitiness of Urvashi’s Breakfast Club.
If you’re lucky enough to find some fresh pomegranate fruit and want to know how to get the seeds out take a look at Sally’s beautiful Pomegranate Season post here.
Have a lovely weekend – and thank you for all your kind comments about my refreshed blog!