I am easing myself gently into the new blogging year, cooking comforting food and not getting too stressed about health kicks or the latest fad diet on offer. I’ve also been enjoying dipping into a couple of the new books gracing my shelves, including Hugh’s River Cottage Veg Everyday and Tasting India by Christine Manfield, which I’ll be reviewing shortly. Just before Christmas, following a crash-course in how to cook a Lamb Keema with my friend Harjit, I also treated myself to my very own Masala Spice Tin, which you’ll find in every authentic Indian kitchen and beyond. It really is a wonderful way to store your spices and the fact that my tin is out on the counter means that I am more encouraged to use spices in every day meals.
As a nice way to welcome 2012, I’d like to offer one of my readers the chance to win a spice set, complete with a variety of spices as well an easy-to-use Indian recipe book by The Three Sisters. Whether you are a keen cook, love curries or just want to add a few twists here and there to everyday recipes, I’m sure you’ll love this set as much as I do. The spice tin, spices and cook book are worth £49.99 RRP.
The Spice Set includes –
- An authentic, custom made stainless steel Masala Dabba Spice Box, with a transparent lid, a spice spoon, 8 canisters and one large central container with four sections.
- The individual spice cannisters also have individual transparent lids to keep the spices in the best condition, the spice tin is also air tight.
- All the canisters are also individually engraved, in total including 13 spices
- All the recipes in the cook book can be prepared using the spices provided in the set, just buy the fresh ingredients
- The starter spices inside the kit include coriander, cumin, chillli, fennel, garam masala, ginger, turmeric, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED
You have three chances:
- Follow me @RenBehan on Twitter and leave me a comment to tell me you have done so or are already doing so with your Twitter handle so I can follow you back
- Pop over to the Fabulicious Food! Facebook page and leave me a comment here to tell me you have done so or already do
- Re-Tweet this sentence “I’ve entered to win a Masla Dabba Spice Set by The Three Sisters via @RenBehan at Fabulicious Food!”
You can enter this competition via any or all of the three ways described above, but please leave me a separate comment for each time you have entered. No details of any of the entrants will be passed onto anyone else.
This giveaway is open to all UK readers.
NB This prize is sponsored by Fabulicious Food! although a small discount was offered as I purchased two sets. One for me, one for one of you!