Hello! Yes, this post comes with the biggest apology. My summertime blogging-with-a-newborn-and-two-children-on-school-holidays plan ground completely to a halt. I had totally forgotten how all-consuming new motherhood is – even the third time round. Luckily, the lovely Sally at My Custard Pie stepped in to help me out, hosting Simple and in Season July with 50 entries, and this month, Simple and in Season August is being hosted by Elizabeth at Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary. Elizabeth is also doing a fantastic job of populating the Simple and in Season Pinterest board as she goes along. So, I’ll focus on the positive with a massive thank you to both Sally and Elizabeth, along with an even bigger thank you to our Simple and in Season June entrants who have waited so patiently for this recipe round up. Normal service will be resumed shortly…
June’s Simple and in Season recipes
1. Firstly, a real surprise as Meagan, a blogger who I met at IFBC in Seattle, joined in with her Rhubarb Crisp over on The Curried Nut – thank you Meagan!
2. Camilla at Fab Food 4 All also used seasonal rhubarb to make a Rhubarb and Marzipan Cake.
3. Whilst Michell at Utterly Scrummy (soon to be in for some newborn baby adventures herself!) made a stunning Lavender and Strawberry Victoria Sponge.
4. Laura at How to Cook Good Food made some very pretty Elderflower Madeleines
5. Alida at My Little Italian Kitchen made a beautifully presented Chargrilled Vegetable Summer Salad.
6. Linza over at Lancashire Food made a Gluten Free Rhubarb and Rose Cake.
7. Caroline at Caroline Makes made some Queen Cakes or Blueberry Muffins
8. Shaheen at Allotment 2 Kitchen made a vegetarian Garam Masala Radish Quiche with Radish Tops and Brie.
9. Corina at Searching for Spice made an Asparagus and Lemon Risotto
10. Laura at How to Cook Cook Food came back with another seasonal recipe, this time, Raspberry Cranachan Ice Cream.
11. Gayathri at Spices Galore made some summery Grilled Indian Style Corn.
12. And our current host, Elizabeth at Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary made a beautiful Chocolate Strawberry Pavlova.
13. Janet at The Taste Space joined in with her recipe for Strawberry Balsamic Vanilla Steel Cut Oats – a very tasty looking recipe, indeed.
14. Janice at Farmers Girl Kitchen made a lovely Italian pasta dish of Papardelle al Pomodori Secchi with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives and Feta.
15. And Alida at My Little Italian Kitchen came back to us with a wonderful Cherry Clafoutis in celebration of being a finalist (and then winning) a recipe competition with Michael Caines.
16. Even more strawberries – this time, Ness at Jibber Jabber UK made a Strawberry and Mint Meringue with Elderflower Cream.
17. Sarah at Maison Cupcake made me chuckle with her Kermit-the-Frog inspired super-healthy Spicy Cavolo Nero Raw Green Soup made in her Vitamix blender.
18. Whilst Kellie at Food to Glow continued with the healthy theme by making a Rose and Summer Berry Skinni-Fredo, which I loved.
19. Ros at The More Than Occasional Baker made a delicious White Chocolate and Cardamom Cake with Rose Strawberry and Yoghurt.
20. Sarah at Tales from the Kitchen Shed sent across a recipe she had made earlier for Strawberry Jelly and Strawberry Glaze for her Strawberry Tart – great use of a glut!
21. Whilst the team at ProWare Kitchen made a Fresh Tomato Pasta dish – perfect for Simple and in Season.
22. Louisa at Eat Your Veg made a tasty and interesting dish of New Potatoes with a Lettuce Pesto Dressing.
23. Karen and Lavender and Lovage joined in with a bright and colourful Tabbouleh Salad.
24. And the lovely Kavey at Kavey Eats made a Home Made White Cherry Rum Liqueur.
25. Sarah at Tales from the Kitchen Shed came back with a recipe that was a huge hit on Twitter for her Peach Melba Rice Delight.
26. Jenny at Mummy Mishaps made a Strawberry and Elderflower Eton Mess Cake.
27. Kate at The Gluten Free Alchemist joined in with her Gluten Free Cherry Pancake.
28. Helen at Family Friends and Food made Baked Gooseberry and Elderflower Custards – lovely!
29. Whilst Helen at Good Life Mum made a batch of Elderflower and Lemon Cordial.
30. And with her cordial, Helen made an Elderflower and Lemon Sorbet.
31. Inspired by the start of the Great British Bake Off Helen at Good Life Mum made a showstopping Elderflower Angel Cake.
32. Having saved a few cherries, Sally at My Custard Pie made some Cherry Almond Spelt Muffins.
33. And Sarah at Maison Cupcakes came back to us with a No Churn Dairy Free Vegan Raspberry Ice Cream.
34. Bintu at Recipes from a Pantry sent across her Herbed Cauliflower Rice with Tahini Yoghurt – bookmarked!
35. Nazima at Franglais Kitchen impressed with her Blueberry, Vanilla and Mascarpone Ice Cream Terrine.
36.Andrea at Shabby Chic made the most of the wild strawberries, redcurrants and raspberries in her garden to make Shaken Berries.
37. Camilla at Fab Food 4 All made a tasty looking Roasted Tomato, Red Pepper and Chorizo Soup.
38. Katie at Feeding Boys and a Firefighter made a speedy Lemon and Mint Pesto with Tagliatelle.
39. Vanesther at Bangers and Mash made her own Elderflower Cordial, too, perfect for a summer tipple.
40. And for our final three recipes, we had entries from Selma at Selma’s Table who made a Broad Bean, Pea and Ricotta Crostini with Mint.
41. An entry from Sudha at Spicy, Quirky and Serendipitous who made a Corn and Shrimp Chowder.
42. And last but by no means least, Vohn from Vohn’s Vittles closes our June round up with a recipe for Brazilian Spring Greens.
Thank you so much for bearing with me whilst I posted this round-up!
The current round (August) can be found over at Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary here.
I hope you are enjoying the summer!