Creme Egg Cheesecake – Good Food Channel

It’s time for a little bit of Easter inspiration! It finally feels as though Easter is drawing nearer, though as it’s fallen much later this year, it feels as though we’ve had to wait a long time to crack open the Creme Eggs! I’ve really enjoyed developing six new recipes for the Good Food Channel – let me tell you, there’s been a whole river of chocolate flowing through my kitchen and the fun has only just begun.

To start with I’m introducing you to a very simple, no-bake Creme Egg Cheesecake. It’s really easy to make and can be made-ahead for any gathering. Take care when slicing the Creme Eggs in half and buy more than you’ll need as there are bound to be a few that get swiped along the way…!

Creme Egg Cheesecake

Creme Egg Cheesecake for the Good Food Channel

Creme Egg Cheesecake {Recipe Here} for the Good Food Channel.

Hope you manage to pop over and have a look!

Elsewhere…

Sarah’s Easter round-up for Baby Centre – 15 Fabulous Treats to make at Easter.

Re-visit my Chocolate Orange Tiramisu Party  - one of my most popular posts

Time to bake? Have a go at my Lemony Spring Cupcakes, too

Creme Egg Cheesecake

Ren Behan is a freelance contributor to the Good Food Channel – styling, photos and recipes author’s own. This is a commissioned recipe.

What treats are you most looking forward to making this Easter in the kitchen?

Comments

• says

I love that you took the time to figure out the cost ratio! That is faattsnic. Who doesn’t figure out the cost ratio? Yeesh people I happen to prefer the large ones for their choc-creme ratio.Where did you get them? Shoppers had the large ones 1/2 price for 60 cents, which puts them near Wal-marts REGULAR price for a 3 pack at $2.12.

woah… that is a stunner… amazing how the humble creme egg makes stuff look ridiculously naughty and childlike… this simply looks divine… nice work my friend, nice work!

• says

I love buying the mini ones beuscae of the creme to chocolate ratio too! The bigger ones are always SO sweet that it makes my teeth hurt. Haven’t ever figured out the cost per gram though brillant! Might as well get more for your money.

What a super dessert for an Easter dinner. How did you manage to slice the eggs so well and get a bit of yellow in each half? I tried cutting an egg for something or other and it all went hideously wrong.

• Ren Behan says

A good knife (Japanese) and by cutting precisely through the join around the egg! A few crumbled (and got eaten) but mostly they were fine.

• says

He does train in Tolworth yes but competes for Carrigaline in Ireland. The press reealse is from Gymnastics Ireland. The 2009 results from Northern Europeans show that Luke won a bronze medal in the All Around competition when he competed for Northern Ireland and 2 silvers on Pommel and P Bars, likewise Charlotte McKenna won 2 bronze medals at that same NE’s for Northern Ireland.

When I first looked at this I thought wow, that’s a heart attack just waiting to happen! Reading your recipe though I’m now really craving a slice, sounds like you’ve balanced the sweetness of those Creme Eggs perfectly with a smooth mascarpone and vanilla base. Yummy.

• Ren Behan says

Good point Chloe, I should have said that not the entire thing was made of creme eggs! Hope you get to try it.

• Ren Behan says

Such a quick and easy one, the creme eggs are fun to use, although equally a handful of Mini Eggs over the top of some smashed up leftover chocolate eggs would work, too!