This cake almost needs no introduction. I called it the ‘Big Daddy’ Salted Caramel Chocolate Fudge Cake because we made it for Father’s Day. Four layers of chocolate cake with salted caramel buttercream and a chocolate fudge topping. The tallest cake I’ve ever made. Half a jar of Bonne Maman ‘Confiture de Caramel’ left to eat and a cake to feed the whole family. I know at least one ‘daddy’ who will be very happy this Sunday…will you have some time to make this, too?
Find my recipe for the Salted Caramel Chocolate Fudge Cake and the full post over on Great British Chefs here.
Here’s your ingredients list –
- Caster sugar
- Soft brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Vanilla bean paste or powder (I use Ndalli)
- Vegetable oil or mild, light olive oil
- Self-raising flour
- Cocoa powder (I use Green and Blacks)
- Baking powder
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Sea salt (I use Maldon)
- Plain, natural yoghurt
- One packet unsalted butter
- Icing sugar
- Caramel sauce (I used Bonne Maman Confiture de Caramel from Waitrose or Ocado)
- 200g good quality dark chocolate (I used Lindt 52%)
- Double cream
- Chopped fudge pieces to decorate
Off you pop to the shops!