It’s January, which means we’ll all be bombarded with great ideas for eating healthily, dieting and losing weight. Personally, I’ve set myself the task of completing my second Whole 30 Challenge, which means no pasta for me. But I do have a handy food processor, so I’m going to experiment with courgette noodles, instead. That being said, the most weight I ever lost was after my first baby and that was by joining my local Slimming World group and there were plenty of healthy pasta dishes that I could enjoy with that one. So, if I do fall off the Paleo wagon, I’ll be signing back up to my local group! I’m also looking forward to using my Froothie Optimum 9400 for lots of healthy soup recipes and I’ll be joining in with #Jumpstart2015
I’d love you to join in with a guest blog event this month called Pasta Please originally started by one of the loveliest vegetarian bloggers around – Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes. The blog event usually asks for vegetarian recipes. but as I’m hosting I’m waiving that. I’m not going to be too strict about your interpretation of ‘healthy’ as long as it’s not cream laden, fat laden, or cheese laden! Perhaps experiment with wholemeal pasta, or gluten-free pasta, fresh vegetable sauces (link up too to Simple and in Season hosted by Maison Cupcake or Extra Veg hosted by Utterly Scrummy) and tomato-based sauces with minimum cooking oil – using an olive oil spray is a good swap. You could try my Whole Wheat Penna with Prawns but substitute the double cream with a little quark instead.
- To join in, find out the current theme (healthy pasta dishes) and make your pasta dish.
- Post your pasta dish on your blog and add it to the linky at the bottom of the current challenge.
- Link to the current host (me, this page!) and Tinned Tomatoes
- Use the Pasta Please logo in your post
- If you use twitter, tweet your post with @tinnedtoms @renbehan and #PastaPlease and we will re-tweet it.
- Only one entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month.
Link Up Your Healthy Pasta Dishes here:
I look forward to seeing your entries!
Wishing you a happy, healthy January 2015.