Thank you to everyone who entered another delicious round of Family Friendly Fridays on Fabulicious Food! As usual, scroll down to the bottom to find out the winner.
Round Up of March Entries
1. Karen from Lavender and Lovage linked up a super recipe named Cheap and Cheerful Sausage, Onion and Potato Bake – we really loved this one, especially with the baked beans on the side! Thanks Karen.
2. The lovely Kellie at Food to Glow creates some really tasty and nutritious recipes on her blog, she also holds workshops and helps people who are fighting cancer, so you can be sure her recipes are spot-on nutritionally. Kellie linked up her Orchiette Pasta with Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Chili-Lemon Pangritata.
3. Resh at The Daily Cuppa sent across this lovely Vanilla Custard Tart – thank you.
4. Sian over at Fish Fingers for Tea linked up her Oven Baked Roasted Pepper and Bacon Risotto – yummy! Check out Sian’s blog for some great family friendly Easter ideas, too.
5. Resh at The Daily Cuppa came back with an easy fish recipe for Sweet and Sour Fish – we’ll be trying this one, it looks so tasty.
6. Linda from Lemon Drop linked up her Ultimate Chocolate Chip Muffins from a Williams Sonoma recipe – they look perfect to me!
7. Linda from Lemon Drop also joined in a second time with these delicious looking Cinnamon Streusel Muffins – a great Easter baking activity.
8. Sweet Craftiness linked up her Chicken Chow Mein, which we love in our house, too. It’s such a quick and easy meal to prepare and I agree, a little sprinkle of sugar makes all the difference.
9. Jenny, our winner from last month, at Jenny Eatwell’s Rhubarb and Ginger linked up these yummy Chicken and Bean Enchiladas – thanks Jenny.
10. Kelly who blogs over at Domestic Goddesque sent across a really fun recipe called Gruffalo Crumble! She also took part in a challenge called Around the World in 12 Dishes and one of the things that reminded her of home was anything that can be served with custard, in this case a crumble with mixed fruit.
11. Sheelagh from An Irish Village Pantry cooked one of her favourite Nigella Recipes – Mexican Tortilla Lasagna. This is a great family dish and is really easy to assemble. Yum!
12. Kellie from Food to Glow came back to us again with her Greens and Squash Gnocchi with Chili and Roquefort. I’ve already raved about this recipe on Twitter – I loved it!
13. Next, Dad’s Cooking Tonight has five kids to feed and linked up a fab post called Feeding our tribe – flapjacks, shortbread and bread – all prepared in an hour! Super Dad! Lovely loaf!
14. Onto Solange at Pebble Soup, who linked up her tasty recipe for Lemon Chicken – thank you, this looks delicious!
15. Karen from Lavender and Lovage also came back with this wonderful creation using some beautifully fresh fish which my kids would adore – Pirate’s Treasure Trove Chest with Fish Nuggets and Potatoes.
16. And finally, a recipe from me, for Pan-Fried Coley with a Quick Cheesy Mash which we all hoovered up!
And the winner is….Dad’s Cooking Tonight for prepping bread, shortbread and flapjacks in under an hour for his tribe!! Well done, a copy of Grow It, Cook It with kids is on its way!
I have opened Family Friendly Fridays up to hosts, so if anyone would like to host do drop me a line. It would involve posting one post to lauch the event for the month you are hosting and then writing one round-up post. It’s a great way for us all to explore new blogs and be introduced to new ones with family friendly recipes and if you like, you can set your own theme for the month.
April host – Fabulicious Food Link Up Here
May host – Clare from The Vegetarian Experience
June host – Solange from Peppble Soup
July host – Nazima from London Working Mummy
Thank you for all your entries!
Looking forward to the next round of Family Friendly Fridays now open here!