Utterly Scrummy’s Fruit Bowl Cake (Adapted)
A simple Fruit Bowl Cake (adapted from a recipe by Michelle at Utterly Scrummy Food for Families) made with leftover fruit from the fruit bowl.
- 500g of fruit, chopped (I used nectarines, pears and plums)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g soft, light brown sugar
- 3 free range eggs, beaten
- 100ml vegetable oil, or mild, light olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C/160C Fan.
- Grease and line (with baking paper) a 23cm round cake tin.
- Remove any stones from the fruit, roughly chop into small chunks.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and cinnamon and add the sugar. Pour in the beaten eggs and the oil and mix together well.
- Stir the fruit into the cake batter and pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a cake tester or skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with a little dusting of icing sugar, or store in a tin and serve with warm custard the next day.
Recipe by Ren Behan - Author Wild Honey and Rye at http://www.renbehan.com/2014/09/fruit-bowl-cake.html