Another colourful round of Simple and in Season! I’ve really enjoyed visiting all of the posts and have been busily bookmarking lots of the lovely recipes sent in. You’ll have to scroll through to the bottom to find out who the winner is this month!
You may have also read that I’m hosting the Square Bakes challenge over on the Lurpak Bake Club site, and if your baking happens to incorporate any seasonal ingredients, feel free to take a snap and like your recipe up to both events!
Without further ado, here were the February entries – with huge thanks to all who joined in! The March round of Simple and in Season is now open.
1. First to enter this month was Solange who writes at Pebble Soup entering her bright and cheery Kiwi Muffins.
2. Sarah posted over on her family-friendly blog called Dinner With Crayons to share her recipe for Pulled Pork Noodles with Savoy Cabbage – bang on season and super-speedy, thank you!
3. The Walthamstow Foodies joined in, too this month, with a seasonal recipe for Oven-Baked Celeriac and Swede Croquettes – which are also vegan.
4. Whilst Bintu over at Recipes from a Pantry linked up her beautiful and zingy Citrus Salad.
5. Next, a lovely entry from the very clever Ceri at Natural Kitchen Adventures who made a gluten-friendly Celeriac and Parsnip Sesame Slaw – interestingly, celeriac is known as celery root in the USA.
6. Life of a Mother joined in this month with her version of Delia’s Slow Cooked Pheasant in Cider.
7. Chef Mireille made a colourful Saffron Cous Cous and Ras el Hanout Vegetable Saute in her NYC kitchen.
8. And Italian blogger Rosella made Puntarelle with Basmati Rice (early winter chicory) perfectly in keeping with the ethos of Simple and in Season.
9. A lovely bright recipe from Caroline over at Caroline Makes who made a Chocolate and Beetroot Cake for Valentine’s Day.
10. Charlene at Food Glorious Food made a tasty Salmon and Red Onion Tart.
11. Janet over at The Taste Space made a very virtuous Lentil Marinara Sauce with Spaghetti Squash.
12. Whilst Louisa over at Eat Your Veg used up some seasonal kale to make Kale and Caraway Crisps.
13. An entry now from Thou Shalt Cook for Paneer Methti Kofta Curry – lots of great flavours here!
14. Elizabeth from Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diaries sent across her Leftover Roast Beef and Potato Hash – delicious comfort food.
15. Katharine over at Leeks and Limone in Wales made a lovely dish of Tagliatelle with Leek and Sausage.
16. Whilst Choclette made some gorgeous Blood Orange Curd to fill some sponge cakes with.
17. Alida at My Little Italian Kitchen joined in this month with her recipe for Schiacciata Fiorentina – which is a quick orange flavoured sponge cake – delicious – particularly as it’s made with in-season Sicilian oranges.
18. Camilla over at the ‘fab’ blog called Fab Food 4 All made some of her own Lemon and Raisin Scotch Pancakes, using plenty of fresh and zingy lemon for Pancake Day.
19. Vanesther over at Bangers and Mash joined in with her recipe for Braised Pig Cheeks with Carrot and Parsnip Mash – amazing comfort food and I loved the photo, too.
20. And last but by no means least, Lucy at her bright and beautiful blog Super Golden Bakes made a stunning Kedgeree – an easy midweek meal served with a fresh tomato sauce.
And the winner is…..it was a tough choice…but Alida over at My Little Italian Kitchen really captured our attention and our taste buds with her Carnivale-inspired Sicilian Orange Cake (entry 17) – thank you! I’ll be posting you a copy of Season to Season by Sophie Dahl.
Thank you to everyone who entered Simple and in Season February. March is now open here.0