Simple and in Season on Fabulicious Food! has returned after a short seasonal break. Thank you so much to everyone who linked up to the last round, forty entries, from all over the world, celebrating and showcasing the very best seasonal produce. After lots of umming and ahhing, I’ve decided to keep the format exactly the same, though we will be sticking to a monthly deadline of the end of the month, with a round-up post very shortly after. The Winter round-up post will be live on Monday, along with an announcement of the winner.
JANUARY LINK UP HERE -
We have a new badge, which will stay the same every month, so feel free to grab the code to the right and add it to your blog posts/sidebars to let people know you are taking part.
Here’s a quick re-cap on the guidelines:
- All you have to do is come up with a dish using any seasonal produce you like (savoury or sweet) post it on your blog, add a link to this post mentioning Simple and in Season/Fabulicious Food! and then manually add the link to your post in the box above (via Simply Linked)
- This is the seventh round and it will run up until Tuesday 31st January 2012. I will pick a winner shortly after (excluding myself obviously) and will include a round-up post including everyone who has entered.
- You can take inspiration from anywhere – adapt a recipe from your favourite cookbook, try something from a magazine, make up your own creation or share a family favourite. The usual rules apply when using someone else’s recipe, please either get permission from the author to post it or adapt it in some way stating how/why you’ve changed it.
- Include any seasonal produce you fancy including fruit, veg, herbs, meat or fish.
- Link as many recipes as you like. You can link posts entered into other blog events or carnivals as long as it involves a seasonal food item (and fits in with their rules).
- The linky-up is open to anyone, anywhere. I’m happy to post prizes abroad and although it will be nice to feature as much British produce as possible, it will be interesting to see what’s in season elsewhere.
- By entering your link, you are giving me permission to add your photograph to the round-up. I will link back directly to your post when I include you.
- If you have questions or problems, email me or leave me a comment in the comment box at the bottom of the post.
- If you are on Twitter, tweet your link adding the hashtag #simpleandinseason and I will re-tweet it.
This month the winner will receive a copy of The Good Table by Valentine Warner, published by Mitchell Beazley/Octopus Books.
I’m looking forward to seeing all your seasonal treats again. I have also launched a second linky up called Family Friendly Fridays, which you are welcome to enter too if you have any recipes more suitable for that.