I’m going to make you very hungry… This week has been another busy week. Inspired by my recent pasta making course, I turned my hand to the art of making home made pizza. Just like the pasta, now that I have made my own from scratch, I feel very reluctant to buy it from the shop since home made is so much better, a little bit of time permitting!
Easy Peasy Home Made Pizza
An easy pizza dough recipe to make with your kids. Makes two pizzas.
- 225g plain flour (I used Italian '00' Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fast action dried yeast
- 150 ml warm water
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or light olive oil
- Extra flour for dusting/rolling
- Tomato passata for the base
- Your favourite toppings for the top
- Lowest price starlix
- Azilect generic price
- Cost of aggrenox
- Renagel price
- Avalide best buy
- Can you buy paxil cr
- Cost of singulair at costco
- Norvasc price in pakistan
- Cheap generic zetia
- Preheat your oven to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7
- Sift the flour, salt and sugar into a bowl and then stir in the fast-action yeast.
- Add the oil to the warm water. Make a well in the middle and gradually add the warm water and oil, mixing with your hands as you go along. The mixture will feel quite lumpy, so keep bringing it together with your hands. Eventually, you should have a ball of soft dough, add a little extra sprinkle of flour if it is too sticky.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured board or wooden table for around ten minutes.
- After around ten minutes, place your ball of dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Place it somewhere warm for an hour. This is a good time to prepare your toppings.
- After an hour, take it out of the bowl and again, on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough again for a further few minutes to deflate it/knock it back.
- Roll out, spread with tomato sauce and your favourite toppings.
- Place your pizza in the centre of a hot oven (on a pizza stone or a baking tray) for around fifteen minutes, or until the base is crispy and your cheese has melted.