Wow, thank you again to everyone who linked up to the last round of Simple and in Season on Fabulicious Food! There were so many treats in store, some of them festive too. Apples, pears, butternut squash and pumpkin were all very popular. The cakes, cookies and sweet treats were truly superb, all of them showcasing a fantastic range of autumnal as well as winter produce, some of it home grown!
Here are the first half of all your wonderful entries:
1. The More than Occasional Baker started us off with a delicious Apple Streusel Cake, perfect with a nice hot cup of tea.
2. The lovely Shu Han of Mummy, I Can Cook made a lovely Dessert Turned Salad of Cinnamon and Coriander Roasted Pumpkin.
(Unfortunately I can’t seem to get the photo to work, but it was really a stunning salad…)
3. Karen over at Lavender and Lovage made a great Mash O’ Nine Sorts, packed full of seasonal veg for a spooky Halloween supper!
4. Inspired a a trip to my local Morrisons of all places (flagship store no less!) I made Yottam Ottolenghi’s Aubergine with Buttermilk Sauce – SO yummy!
5. Amanda over at Dancing Veggies made Ravioli in Pumpkin Sauce – delicious!
6. Hilani from Handmade by Hillani joined in with her Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies – thank you!
7. Mark over at Mark’s Veg Plot made a very seasonally inspired Polenta with Cavolo Nero – home grown no less! Stunning Cavolo Nero – go have a peek.
8. Mark also came back from his veg plot with this really tasty looking salad of Radicchio with Pears and Blue Cheese (with home made Fougasse too…)
9. Jennifer over at L’Heure du The made The Easiest Cake in The World which was, if fact, a beautiful clementine cake from Nigella’s How to Eat – must try.
10. Helen from Fuss Free Flavours joined in with her Butternut Squash Gnocci with Harrissa Onions. I must say, I have never tried harissa, and I must. Helen also used a great piping bag technique for her gnocci so do go and check that out.
11. I linked up my Spiced Toffee Apple Cake that I had spied on the cover of BBC Good Food. I’ve since made it four times it was so good!
12. Karen from Lavender and Lovage joined in again and sent over her Quince and Pear Double-Crust Pie. I’ll definitely be looking out for more quince again next season to try this.
13. Karen also shared her recipe for Wee Whiskey Doused Hogmanay Dundee Cakes – let me tell you, Karen really knows how to celebrate in style!
14. Jude from A Trifle Rushed showed us how wonderful is is to make your own infused vodka with her Cranberry and Orange Infused Vodka – really inspirational, thank you Jude!
15. Helen came back with another great recipe for Chestnut, Cranberry, Stilton and Sprout Pasta – definitely bookmarked for next year.
16. The More than Occasional Baker also came back with a second cake, this time a Pear and Cinnamon Yoghurt Cake. I love the idea of pear and yoghurt, in a cake.
17. Mel over at Sharky Oven Gloves in Scotland sent over these lovely Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins. I loved these AND they were quite healthy with homemade pumpkin puree and lots of lovely spices.
18. The Taste Space made this wonderful Brazilian Black Bean and Vegetable Stew – a great vegetarian delight.
19. The Farmers Market Vegan made a Christmas Tree Socca (With Beets and Spinach) – so intriguing and super healthy. Thanks for entering!
20. And I got us to to the half-way mark with these Buckwheat and Buttermilk Pancakes with Pears and Maple Syrup (almost healthy too!)
Come back for Part Two of the Winter round-up of Simple and in Season on Fabulicious Food!
Thank you to everyone for entering.