My goodness me, May was a busy month and we’re already more than half way into June! Where does the time go? Without further ado, here’s the round up (part one) of all your wonderful creations for Simple and in Season May. I’ll be announcing the winner in a separate post following the round-ups very soon.
Thank you for all your stunning seasonal entries!
1. First to cross the line was The Taste Space with these Mediterranean Beans atop Lemony Arugula – absolutely perfect for this time of year and a really simple, yet flavorful recipe – thank you Janet.
2. Anna from Anna May, Everyday, made some vibrant Wild Garlic Pesto – such a pretty photograph.
3. Michelle at Utterly Scrummy made some utterly scrummy Rhubarb and Vanilla Jam with their glut of rhubarb- I’ll be trying that this week.
4. Next, we had some delicious Sesame Green Beans (one of my favourite veggies) from Dancing Veggies.
5. A lovely recipe from Delicieux, this time, Crispy Asparagus and Camembert Parcels – yum!
6. More asparagus, this entry is from clever chef Laura at How to Cook Good Food – Roasted asparagus, spring onion, chorizo and butter bean salad with a lime chipotle dressing.
7. A stunning Rhubarb Tart from Lousia at Chez Foti came along next – thank you
8. Followed by a spot of baking with the children at Chez Foti and some tasty Rhubarb Crumble Muffins – great photo!
9. Next came a superb seasonal summer dessert, Alida at My Little Italian Kitchen shared her Panna Cotta with Strawberry Compote – perfect for Wimbledon watching at home!
10. Sarah from The Garden Deli write a beautiful post about Borage and Beans whilst snacking on some homemade Pesto Bread made with her spring leaf pesto and pizza dough – also bookmarked!
11. A gorgeous post from Shabby Chic Andrea showing us all how to make Wild Garlic Egg Fried Rice – thank you
12. Rita at Rita Cooks Italian always cooks up something simple and tasty – this month she shared a recipe for Tortiglioni Pasta with a Creamy Asparagus sauce – with great step by step photos.
13. Vanesther at Bangers and Mash is always keen to make delicious family food. She shared two great recipe using seasonal rhubarb called Spiced Rhubarb and Lemon Sorbet with Cinnamon Cookies.
14. More rhubarb, this time a Rhubarb Fool from Dragons and Fairy Dust – many thanks for joining in.
15. The lovely Ceri at newly re-named blog Natural Kitchen Adventures shared her stories of foraged finds with this Wild Garlic Pesto serving it up in some mini quiches at her mini pop up tea and on some salmon for supper.
16. I used some British pears to make a tasty treat for a challenge making my Espresso Caramel Pear Squares.
17. Ness at Jibber Jabber UK made these lovely Rhubarb, Lemon and Ginger Friands – I love the way the pieces of pink rhubarb pop through!
18. This next recipe is a keeper for anyone who loves fresh rhubarb and Greek yoghurt – that’s me, for sure. Thank you Camilla at Fab Food 4 All for sending across your Rhubarb Compote with Vanilla Greek Yoghurt and Meringue.
19. Linzi at Lancashire Food shared my thinking on the rhubarb by making Rhubarb and Maple Syrup Crumble Muffins.
20. English strawberries are just coming into season now so make a note to make these Cheat Strawberry Tartlets by Solange at Pebble Soup.
21. Something very clever again from Laura at How to Cook Good Food – this time a sweet entry - Lavender Poached Rhubarb with Ginger Custard Cream – crushed ginger biscuits, mmm. The perfect treat after a busy afternoon in the allotment.
22. Here is another very beautiful entry from Louisa at Chez Foti who made a Nettle and Wild Garlic Risotto. Looks like a winner to me!
23. Katie Bryson at Feeding Boys and a Firefighter was on a rhubarb roll, too, this month and made these Rhubarb and Orange Mini Loaf Cakes – thank you Katie!
24. Gorgeous Kellie at Food to Glow shared a healthy, seasonal recipe for Roasted Asparagus with Carrot Miso Dressing – such interesting flavours. Thank you Kellie.
25. Bang on the halfway mark, Andrea from Shabby Chic came back to share her Wild Garlic and Purple Sprouting Broccoli Frittata.