Cinco de Mayo Breakfast Burittos
Scrambled eggs with a kick rolled in two soft flour tortillas - perfect for a Mexican-inspired breakfast or brunch
- A splash of oil
- 2 spring onions/scallions, sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Cheddar or Mexican cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce (optional) e.g Tabasco
- 2 soft flour tortillas
- Add a splash of oil to a pan and gently fry one of the spring onions/scallions along with the red chilli. Add in the eggs and gently scramble - cook on a low heat whilst stirring.
- In the meantime, heat the two soft flour tortillas (20 seconds in the microwave works fine)
- Fill the soft tortillas with the scrambled eggs, top with the second spring onion/scallion, a little grated cheese and a dash of chilli sauce, or Tabasco. Roll up and eat right away!
You can add chopped tomatoes, red onions, ham, crumbled sausage or chorizo and serve with a salsa or chopped avocado.
Recipe by Ren Behan - Author Wild Honey and Rye at https://www.renbehan.com/2014/05/cinco-de-mayo-breakfast-burittos-kick.html