There are just five spaces left on my very first food photography class on Saturday 3rd October 2015 in St Albans with the award-winning photographer, Stephanie Belton.
This year, the St Albans and Harpenden Food and Drink Festival is embracing food photography!
I’m excited to announce that I shall be running a very special workshop with celebrated local photographer Stephanie Belton. The Market Photography Experience is a brand new concept in food photography and we’re launching here in St Albans.
This two-part, interactive workshop combines street food and outdoor market photography with the art of food styling and indoor food photography (based at Thomson@Darcy’s) and is perfect for all skill levels.
Whether you’re a blogger, food writer, instagrammer, or photography enthusiast perhaps looking for a new subject matter to explore this the perfect opportunity for you to refine your skills or gain some new ones in a fun, relaxed, hands on way.
This workshop runs on Saturday 3rd Oct 9-11.45am and we would absolutely love for you to join us.
Stephanie Belton and Ren Behan
- Meet outside Thompson@Darcy’s on Hatfield Road for a brief introduction to the morning.
- Head to St Albans Market where we’ll be sharing some specialist tips on how best to capture the life of the market.
- Group session taking photographs of the people and the produce.
- Task – find some fresh, seasonal produce to work with indoors.
- Head back to Thompson@Darcy’s where we’ll have use of plenty of bright, natural light and space.
- Once we’re back at the restaurant, we’ll be welcomed with coffee and pastries (optional extra).
- During the second part of the workshop, Stephanie and I will be sharing some of our indoor photography techniques and tips, including some beautifully plated restaurant food by Phil Thompson and his team, as well photographing the produce you’ve selected at the market alongside some props.
By the end of the day, Stephanie and I will have helped you create some beautiful images of food, with tips on how to play with the light, composition and available props to produce mouth-watering shots.
I’ll also be showing you the exact set up that I use at home to create the food photography shots that I produce for commissioned work and for my blog.
There are no pre-requisites for this class, all photography levels are welcome. In terms of equipment, you will need to bring your own camera (ideally an SLR or bridge camera but compact cameras can also be used).
Photo Credit: Stephanie Belton
Date: Saturday 3rd Oct 9-11.45am
Location: Thompson@Darcy’s 2 Hatfield Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 3RP
Price: £59 (£65 including coffee and pastries)
Excited? We are! We look forward to meeting you.
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #marketexperience across social media if you are joining us or would like to find out more.
Space is limited to 15 participants for this course.
I’ve also created the St Albans Seasonal Salad recipe (above) for the #kidscookalong – you can download your free recipe card here.
For more 2015 St Albans and Harpenden Food Festival Events you can find the full brochure here.