Late Summer Fruit Salad with Pomegranate and Pistachio
- 2 ripe plums
- 2 ripe nectrines or peaches
- A handful of seasonal raspberries
- A handful of pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup or 25g shelled pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup or 125ml plain, natural yoghurt
- A drizzle runny honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Slice the plums and the nectarines, removing the stones and scatter on a large plate.
- Sprinkle over a handful of raspberries, the pomegranate seeds and the finely chopped pistachio nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the natural yoghurt, runny honey and a tablespoon of milk to loosen. Drizzle over the fruit and decorate with edible violas. Serve immediately.
You can add any fruit of your choice, figs would work, fresh apricots, ripe pears etc. Substitute a flavoured yoghurt if you prefer.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Recipe by Ren Behan - Author Wild Honey and Rye at http://www.renbehan.com/2012/09/late-summer-fruit-salad-with-pomegranate-and-pistachio.html