No Bake Chocolate and Amaretto Cheesecake Slice
- 200g chocolate digestive biscuits or hobnobs
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g good quality dark chocolate
- 150g cream cheese, full fat
- 150g Mascarpone cheese
- 25ml Amaretto liqueur
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- 50g Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- You will need a 450g loaf tin. Cut a strip of baking paper so it runs across the length or width of the tin and up the sides, overhanging the edges so you can use it like a sling to lift the cheesecake out.
- Crush the biscuits (in a food processor or by bashing them in a bag with a rolling pin) and tip them into a bowl. Add the melted butter and stir well until the crumbs are coated. Tip them into the lined loaf tin.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently push the crumbs to the edges of the tin until smooth and flat. Chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put in a glass bowl. Sit the bowl over a pan of just simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Melt the chocolate, stirring gently once almost melted. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric whisk, if possible, to whisk the cream cheese, Mascarpone cheese, Amaretto liqueur and icing sugar together, for two minutes, until smooth. Stir in the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto the chilled base in the tin, and smooth down until flat. Chill for 2-3 hours, or until needed.
- To serve, sit the tin briefly in a tray of hot water, to make it easier to release the cake. Either use the baking paper sling to lift the cheesecake out, or turn the tin onto a plate. It will then be upside down, so take another plate and very carefully flip over again. Sprinkle the crushed Amaretti biscuits over the top and slice.
Prep time twenty minute. It needs 2-3 hours chilling time in the fridge.
Recipe by Ren Behan - Author Wild Honey and Rye at http://www.renbehan.com/2012/08/no-bake-chocolate-and-amaretto-cheesecake-slice.html